By Dr. Elizabeth King, LCSW, CHt
Finding inner beauty can be difficult at times. Life can knock you down, but you have to have a voice within you that pushes you back up. Have that voice tell you, “I am enough”. As a female empowerment leader, I am often asked by other women how I can put aside my imperfections and find beauty on both the inside and outside. Over the years, I have come up with five SASSY ways to get you started on this path of confidence and beauty.
- Fashion is something that is very specific to you. You may ask questions to yourself like, “What color suits me best?”, “Which style accentuates my body shape?”, and “What is my style?”. You will figure this out in time, but reflect on who you are. Maybe you want a more edgy look that shows you are bold, or maybe you want a classic look that shows elegance and grace. Find what makes you shine, and wear that.
- Surround yourself with good people. If you are unsure of what that means, look for people who lift you up and make you feel like you could conquer the world. Having a solid support system will give you love and support through all the journeys you take in life.
- Don’t forget to relax! Often, life can be very stressful, especially when you are trying to be a confident and empowered woman. Your day to day life can become very hectic. Don’t let this scare you. Go on a rejuvenating retreat. Spend time reading your favorite book. Listen to music that puts you at ease. Spend time with the people you love. All of these things will help you forget about the madness and allow you to refresh yourself.
- Make having a healthy lifestyle a top priority. A healthy body is a healthy mind. Take the time to eat the right types of food and do physical activity each day. This will not only make you feel good on the inside, but will make you feel optimum on the outside as well.
- Be authentic. It could be exhausting trying to be someone else, so being you is the best route to go. Be genuine and honest with yourself and soon that will lead to an awesome sense of appreciation of who you are.
Remember, love yourself for all your imperfections because you are beautiful. That’s how you live a SASSY life!
About Dr. Elizabeth King
Mindset Strategist for High-Achieving Women, Serial Entrepreneur, Holistic Psychotherapist, Hypnotherapist, Blogger, Speaker, Author, Polio Survivor.
Dr. King gives successful women the tools and strategies they need to live a healthier, happier, more balanced and purposeful life.
Dr. King is the Chief Inspiration Officer(CIO) and founder of Suits, Stilettos and Lipstick,
International Holistic Center and DRK Global Enterprises. She also founded the Lipstick
Foundation, a 501c3, nonprofit organization. Although all four companies have distinct
missions, they all work hand and hand to deliver the same message of hope and empowerment.
Stay connected on: