Suits, Stilettos and Lipstick®
By accessing, viewing, downloading or otherwise using www.SSLwomen.com, SSLwomen.org and or www.SuitsStilettosandLipstick.com (“Website”) or any webpage or feature available through the Website, any information provided as part of the Suits, Stilettos and Lipstick’s services, or any related emails, newsletters or other services (hereinafter collectively, “Services”), or by completing the member registration process, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Services) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with SSL), you conclude a legally binding agreement with SSL LLC (“SSL” or “we” or “our”) based on the terms of this Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (“Agreement”) and become a SSL user (“User”). If you are using the Website on behalf of a company or other legal entity, such entity may have a separate agreement with us. You personally agree to follow and are bound by these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) and agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not want to become a User, do not conclude this Agreement, do NOT complete the member registration process and do not access, view, download or otherwise use any SSL web page, information or Services.
- Member Account, Password and Security
- Automatic Renewal. Membership automatically renews at $99.00 in 365 days Written notice of cancellation must be received up to 3 days before your renewal date or you may cancel online any time before your renewal date. All sales are final.
- Lifetime membership. Is a one-time fee. All terms and conditions apply to this level of membership. All sales are final.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, shall be subject to this Agreement. For as long as SSL continues to offer the Services, SSL shall provide (and seek to update, improve and expand, in similar and different new ways) the SSL platform and Services with the purpose of providing professional networking connectivity, through SSL proprietary tools, rules and protocols which SSL may update, improve, discontinue and change at any time, at SSL’ sole discretion. We allow you to access the Services as they may exist and be available on any given day. We have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Services, partially or entirely, or to charge and modify prices for the Services. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on our Website or by email communication to you. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in the Services and all related items.
Use of the Services is void where prohibited. By registering to become a Member, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information (“Registration Data”) you submit is truthful, accurate, current and complete; (b) you will maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; and (c) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or SSL has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SSL has the right to suspend or terminate your account (as applicable) and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof). All Users must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Services.
Any and all payments made through and for the Services are nonrefundable (unless noted otherwise).
- Annual membership fee is based on membership level. All membership fees are subject to change.
- Annual membership fees are set up for automatic renewal.
- Member may cancel membership during their renewal period by notifying SSL in writing at least 1 week prior to renewal date.
- All national and SASSY Community events (“Events”) shall be paid for prior to entering the event. Events shall include but not be limited to the annual conference, workshops and seminars, luncheons, retreats, SASSY Connection (happy hour), online webinars, teleconferences and all other professional and social events that may be hosted by SSL.
- Annual membership may be prepaid for the year for the set fee indicated or paid by the month. A one-time non-refundable setup fee of $25 will added to annual and per month payment options.
- Promotional offers cannot be combined.
- Attorney’s fees, court costs,collection cost and legal fees incurred because of nonpayment will be added to the balance due to SSL.
- Content and Information Submitted and/or Shared
- SSL does not claim any ownership rights in the information, data, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, messages, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post to the Services or submit to SSL via email or otherwise. After posting your Content to the Services or submitting such Content to SSL, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By posting or submitting any Content on or through the Services, each User grants SSL a nonexclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content supplied by each such User.
- This license includes, inter alia, the right for SSL to reproduce, edit, represent, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, digitize, use for advertising purposes, whether commercial or non-commercial, to sublicense or to transfer the Content concerning each User (including information, pictures, descriptions, search criteria, etc.) over all or part of the Services and/or in any mailings of SSL and in general through any electronic communication media (email, SMS, MMS, WAP, Internet, CD Rom or DVD) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. Each User expressly authorizes SSL to modify said Content in order to conform to the interface or display requirements of the Services or of other communications media as set forth above, and/or to render them compatible with its technical performance or media format in question. These rights are granted throughout the world and for the entire term of this Agreement.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content submitted by you on or through the Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth above, and (ii) submitting your Content on or through the Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content submitted by you on or through the Services.
Suits, Stilettos and Lipstick, www.Suitsstilettosandlipstick.com and www.SSLwomen.com, the logo, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks and trademarks. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
- The Services contain Content of Users and other SSL licensors. Except for Content submitted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Services, or otherwise use such Content for any purpose other than for those purposes strictly related to use of the Services for personal purposes.
- SSL may include various forums, blogs and chat rooms where you can post your observations and comments on designated topics. SSL cannot guarantee that other Members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, do not post it on the Services. SSL AND THE SSL AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A MEMBER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN ANY FORUMS, BLOGS AND CHAT ROOMS.
- SSL has no obligation and assumes no responsibility for verifying the identity of any Users when they are connected to the Website or monitoring the Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. SSL does not endorse and exercises no control over any Content you or others submit while using the Services. Further, SSL has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Users provide when using the Services. If at any time SSL chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Services, SSL nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content. SSL reserves the right to withhold, remove and/or discard any Content available as part of your account, with or without notice. SSL may delete any Content that in its sole judgment violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. SSL makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members. Under no circumstances will SSL be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services.6. User Contributions. You do not have to submit anything to us, but if you choose to submit something (including but not limited to ideas, articles, testimonials, editorials, concepts, techniques and data), you grant SSL a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sub- licensable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, edit, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, and use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, anything that you submit to us, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. By submitting any information to us, you represent and warrant that such submission is accurate, is not confidential, and is not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights.
- User Conduct.You understand that all Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not SSL, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Services.You agree to the following commitments:A. You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation (see our Anti-Spam Policy below);B. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access the Services, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission;C. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code;D. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else;E. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any User;F. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotion”) on the Website without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the Promotion, and will follow our guidelines and all applicable laws;G. You will not use the Services to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory; H. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Website, such as a denial of service attack;I. You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, invasive of another’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;J. You will not impersonate any person or entity.
- 6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
This Site may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than SSL (each a “Third Party Site”). SSL may work with certain partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with SSL. SSL is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any web site accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. SSL makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. SSL is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. SSL is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SSL of the Third Party Site. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that SSL is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
- Anti-Spam Policy. SSL has a zero tolerance spam policy and prohibits users from sending unsolicited emails in any form. Spam, also known as junk mail, is an unsolicited bulk email message. Unsolicited means that the recipient has not granted verifiable permission for the message to be sent. Bulk means that the message is sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantively identical content. Spam, includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. The term “spamming” refers to transmitting, distributing or delivering any unwanted e-mail correspondence, especially in mass quantities, thru the electronic means of communication. This prohibition includes but is not limited to (a) using the Services to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; and (b) collecting business cards at Events of people you did not meet and adding them to your mailing list. This policy does not prohibit sending an email to a Member in order to inquire about that Member’s services.
- Event Attendance Policy. By registering for an event through SSLwomen.com, you agree to the following (“Event Attendance Policy”):
- SSL will use videos, photos images and/or audio from Events as a part of its marketing campaigns and programs. Attendees of Events may be featured or acknowledged in any such marketing campaigns and/or programs. Therefore, when attending an Event, you grant us permission to video, photograph and audio tape you during the event. You further grant us rights to publish and broadcast your video, photograph or audio through any commercial device, website, and broadcast media in existence today and the future, and understand that no compensation will be paid you. You further agree that we owe no compensation to you for using your video, photo image and/or audio of your voice.
- By attending an Event, you agree to give us permission to publish any video, photo or audio of you during the Event. These video, photo and audio captures may or may not include your name, and they may be sold to third parties.
- Attendance and participation in any event in any capacity is at your own risk. You agree to NOT hold SSL or anyone else associated with SSL or the event liable for any damage, loss, injury, or anything else you, your property may sustain or incur by participating in or attending an event.
- All payments for events are final. No refund will be given. No carry forward to another event. You may send someone in your place as long as SSL has written notification 48 hours in advance.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SSL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF SSL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SSL’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO SSL FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE CURRENT TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- If there is any dispute about or involving the Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and the venue shall be Broward County. Either SSL or you may demand that any dispute between SSL and you about or involving the Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures according to Florida laws, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent SSL from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction. In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Services, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Services or any Content or other material used or displayed through the Services.
- You agree to indemnify and hold SSL, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Website or through the Services causes SSL to be liable to another. You shall indemnify us and hold us harmless from any damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to third party claims, charges or investigations, caused by (a) your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of Content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (b) any Content you submit to SSL or (c) any activity in which you engage in or through the Website.
We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Information Collection. We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- help make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- help us create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for promotions; to request us to notify you when regarding particular offers or products, or to sign up for our email newsletter and special offers, including contests, which we may run from time to time. Your participation in a contest is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of contest winners.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, this Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- As an example, Facebook® collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook® via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any client’s personal information collected by us.
- Log Files. As is true of most web sites, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- Age. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on this Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information to us.
- Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with Client Services. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site’s content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance). Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for promotions; request we notify you regarding particular offers or products, or sign up for our email newsletter and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver this information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt-out section for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about events that you choose to register for, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your registration or your membership.
- External Use.
We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone except that:
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
SSL uses industry-standard procedures and safeguards designed to protect the privacy of all personal information. All SSL employees with access to personal information are required to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling. Our vendors and their employees who may need access to member information, such as Client Services and fulfillment vendors, are held to strict confidentiality requirements. At times we may retain third parties to analyze data we collect on our website, and to administer the services provided (such as shipping, web hosting, etc. as described above), solely to help us provide and improve our products, services and websites. These suppliers and other third parties are not authorized by us to use your personal information in any other way. We may have to use personal information to investigate complaints and protect SSL and its members, in compliance with the law, your Membership Agreement and SSL policies.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
On your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending certain non-membership or order-related emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by telephoning or emailing your request to our Member Services department at 954.903.9426 Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (EST) or info@SSLwomen.com. Please do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
WHAT IF YOU’RE NOT A SSL MEMBER, BUT YOU’VE HEARD FROM SSL?
If you’re not a member but you’ve been contacted by SSL, we may have received your information in a few different ways. 1) You may have requested to receive information about our events or membership. 2) Another member may have referred you. 3) You may have attended as a guest to one of our events. 4) You may have received an offer from us. 5) If you were a prior member, we may have invited you back. 6) We may also have received your information from one of our partners or from the mailing, opt-in emailing, or phone lists of a reputable company.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Suits, Stilettos and Lipstick, Inc.
1995 E. Oakland Park Blvd Suite 350
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33306